The Healing Power of Bone Broth
Bone broth is one of the healthiest foods you can add to your diet, and has been used as food in healing remedies for more than a thousand years.
INGREDIENTS – Serves 4-6
● 1-pound beef stewing meat, trimmed and cut into inch cubes
● 3 teaspoons olive oil
● 2 garlic cloves, diced
● 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
● 3 celery ribs, chopped
● 5 medium carrots, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch rounds
● 1 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
● 1 – 6oz. Birthright Beef Broth Concentrate
● 6 ½ cups filtered water
● 2 – 14oz cans of diced tomatoes (salt free)
● 2 bay leaves
● 1 cup frozen corn
● 1 cup frozen peas
● 2 large baking potatoes, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch cubes
● 2 teaspoons Sea salt
1. Heat 3 teaspoons of the oil in a large pot. Add the beef a few pieces at a time; do not overcrowd. Cook, turning the pieces until beef is browned on all sides, about 5 minutes per batch; add more oil as needed between batches.
2. Remove the beef from the pot and add the vinegar. Cook over medium-high heat, scraping the pan with a wooden spoon to loosen any browned bits. Add the garlic, onion, celery and carrot. Sauté for 5-7 minutes until vegetables are soft. Add the beef, beef concentrate, filtered water, tomatoes, bay leaves, corn and potatoes. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a slow simmer.
3. Simmer uncovered until the beef is almost tender, about 1 hour. Add the peas and simmer for 30 minutes until beef is tender, about 30 minutes more. Season with salt and pepper.
INGREDIENTS – Serves 4-6
● 2 tablespoons olive oil
● 1-pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 3/4″ pieces
● 2 cloves garlic, minced
● 1 onion, chopped
● 4 ½ cups Filtered water
● 1 – 6oz. Birthright Chicken Broth Concentrate
● 3/4-pound green beans, cut into 2″ lengths (about 1 1/2 cups)
● 1 ½ cups fresh or frozen and thawed corn kernels
● 1 red bell pepper, chopped
● 1 rib celery, chopped
● 1 small zucchini, quartered lengthwise and sliced
● 4 sprigs thyme
● 1/4 teaspoon Sea salt
● 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
● 1/4 cup loosely packed celery leaves
● 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
1. Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes, or until lightly browned. Add the garlic and onion. Cook, stirring often, for 8 minutes, or until the onion is translucent.
2. Add the broth concentrate, filtered water, beans, corn, bell pepper, celery, zucchini, thyme, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer for 10 minutes, or until the beans are tender. Remove and discard the thyme. Stir in the celery leaves and parsley.